Curly Wire Beaded Wreath Ornament Craft
your Christmas tree or presents glimmer with the beautiful shimmering glow of
wire and beads on this wreath ornament craft.
This is an easy Christmas craft for teenagers and adults, or even
middle school children with some crafting ability. With a little wire and some
beads and a few odds and ends, anyone can create this wonderful handmade
ornament that looks like it came straight from a local artisan. Decorate
your tree or send some very stylish gifts this year with one of our favorite
Craft Supplies Needed
- 26 gauge wire (green and blue)
- 18 gauge wire (silver)
- Glass beads (assorted shades of blue) Make sure they can fit over
- Dowel rod: One 12" or longer rod with a diameter of 1/8"
- 20" of ribbon in coordinating color approximately 3/8" wide
- Wire cutter
- Take the 18 gauge silver wire and wrap it two times in a circle to form
the body of the wreath (A circle that is two wires thick)
- Connect these two wires by twisting the 26 gauge wire around and around
the two wires. Additionally wrap another 18 gauge silver wire around
the two wires for added strength.
- Cut the 18 gauge silver wire into around 12 to 15 sections approximately
4 to 5 inches long.
- Cut the 26 gauge colored wire into around 18 to 20 sections
approximately 4 to 5 inches long. (Equal amount of each)
- Twist these sections tightly around the 1/8 inch dowel rod leaving about
1/2" of each end of the wire untwisted.
- Stretch these twisted sections slightly and place beads on one end of
some of the colored sections of wire. Be sure to bend the ends of the
wire to prevent the beads from falling off.
- Attached the twisted sections around the wire circles by twisting the
free end around the wreath circle.
- Make a loop of 18 gauge wire at the top of the circle an tie a bow with
ribbon for hanging your new beaded ornament
Do you love creating Christmas crafts and would like to share them?
Send them to us and join our Top Crafters. The best Christmas craft
ideas will be showcased in our Craft Hall of fame