Bead Snowflake Ornament Craft
craft is simple and cute as a button. This project is very easy and is
perfect Christmas craft for kids. The wreath is so charming that you don't
have to be a child to be proud of this one.
Whether you hang it on your tree or hang it on your presents, this button craft
is a delightful decoration.
Craft Supplies Needed
- 64- #6 blue seed beads. (or any colors you like)
- 48- 2mm x 12mm clear hexagon cut twisted bugle beads (or similar)
- 40" of 28 gauge wire
- Needle nose pliers
- Wire cutters
- 7" long silver cording for a hanger.
- This ornament is simply made of a circle of wire in the middle and eight
sections that are connected at the center circle and by a blue bead at eight
locations around the snowflake. Let's start by making the center loop.
Take an approximately 6" length of wire, put 8 blue beads in the
center of the wire and form a circle with the beads, by twisting the two
ends of the wire together with the pliers. The wire that is left
hanging will be used to form one of the eight sections of the snowflake.
- Put two of the tube beads on each wire, then a blue bead on each wire,
then another tube bead, and another two blue beads.
- Now thread both wires simultaneously through two blue beads, and
bend the wire (do not cut off or curl the ends yet until all eight sections
- Now take a length of 6" wire and twist it with the pliers in between the
next center blue bead.
- The next section will be made exactly like the first, except after the
two tubes are placed on the wires, make sure the wire adjacent to the last
section is run through the blue bead. (this is how the sections are
- After all eight sections are made, press the snowflake out so that it is
flat and formed like the picture above. You can then curl the ends of
the wire that were threaded through the last two blue beads, and cut off the
- Form a loop by tying the cording through one of the pair of wire loops
for a hanger.
- Enjoy !
Do you love creating Christmas crafts and would like to share them?
Send them to us and join our Top Crafters. The best Christmas craft
ideas will be showcased in our Craft Hall of fame