Rudolph Clothespin Ornament
Three clothespins and a few decorations make an easy Christmas craft for
kids. This cute little reindeer happens to be Rudolph, but feel free to
make enough to pull Santa's sleigh. And you don't have to settle for
simple, with a little imagination, you can have your reindeer dressed for any
- String in black, white, green or red
- Glue (Elmer's will work fine)
- 3 old fashioned clothespins
- 1 piece of red felt
- 1 piece of black felt
- 1 small white pom pom
- 1 pair of wiggly eyes
- thin red ribbon in red, white or green
- small bell
- black paint and paintbrush (or permanent marker for adults)
- Cut a 6" length of string and tie the ends together to form a loop.
- Glue the knotted end of the string between the heads of two clothespins
to create the reindeer's body.
- To create the reindeers head, glue the third clothespin upside down onto
the first two.
- When the glue has completely dried, attach a circle of red felt for a
nose, a white pom pom for a tail and the pair of wiggly eyes.
- Cut two ears from the black felt and glue them to the base of the
- Tie the piece of thin red ribbon with the bell strung on it around the
- Lastly, paint the reindeer's hooves with black paint, or with a
permanent magic marker (for adults)
Do you love creating Christmas crafts and would like to share them?
Send them to us and join our Top Crafters. The best Christmas craft
ideas will be showcased in our Craft Hall of fame