Felt Christmas Tree Ornament
better way to decorate your tree than with a decorated Christmas tree ornament.
This hand stitched felt creation can be decorated with your favorite buttons and
decorations. With a simple blanket stitch, you can make this wonderful
ornament to match your homes decor.
Craft Supplies Needed
- Green felt
- Various small buttons and decorations
- White embroidery floss
- Several balls of cotton
- Cut two Christmas tree shapes from green felt, by doubling the felt over
so that both sides of the tree can be cut simultaneously.
- Sew the decorations to one side of the tree cutout. Do not worry
about the back side felt cutout, as this will be on the inside of the
- Starting at the top of the tree, using white embroidery floss, blanket stitch around the
leaving the top open. Pull apart cotton balls and put the cotton
inside the ornament, just enough to add some thickness, but do not fully
- Finish stitching the ornament together, and add a loop at the top with
the white embroidery floss for hanging.
Do you love creating Christmas crafts and would like to share them?
Send them to us and join our Top Crafters. The best Christmas craft
ideas will be showcased in our Craft Hall of fame