Yarn Candy Cane Ornament
This is a quick and easy craft that will brighten any Christmas tree.
Although it is easy, please note that it does take some hand dexterity that
small children may not possess. You may need to tie the knots if you plan
on making this a craft for youth. But with a few easy steps, you can create
candy cane that looks good enough to eat.
- 1 skein of red DMC Pearl Cotton
- 1 skein of white DMC Pearl Cotton
- Red pipe cleaner
- 8 inches of 1/2" to 5/8" ribbon
- Open a skein of cotton and snip the loop at each end so you have two
bunches of cotton. Repeat with the other skein.
- Take one red bunch and one white bunch and tie them together into a
single knot around the end of a pipe cleaner.
- To make the stripes, twist the two colors around the pipe cleaner and
knot the ends together around the other end.
- Trim the cotton at both ends and trim the pipe cleaner if needed.
- Bend into the shape of a candy cane and tie a bow in the middle for
Do you love creating Christmas crafts and would like to share them?
Send them to us and join our Top Crafters. The best Christmas craft
ideas will be showcased in our Craft Hall of fame