Homemade Victorian Gift Tags
homemade is better than store bought, and this craft is no different.
These homemade Christmas gift tags are very Victorian and will add a creative
touch to your gifts this year.
If you have any other paper craft of other Christmas craft ideas that you would like to
share, please let us know.
Craft Supplies Needed
- Light Colored Patterned Scrapbooking Paper
- Dark Colored Patterned Scrapbooking Paper (best if papers have similar
or complementary colors)
- 3/8" picot ribbon (or any ribbon you like)
- Scissors or Paper Cutters
- Cut a rectangular shape from the darker paper that is 2.75" x 3.75".
Now cut the corners off the top part of the tag. (You can measure 3/4"
from the corner down both the long and short side of the rectangle, then
draw a line between these two points and cut along that line which will give
you a perfect 45 degree angle cut.- repeat on the other corner)
- Cut a rectangular shape from the lighter paper that is 2" x 3".
Cut the corners to match the larger tag (you can measure approximately 5/16"
down both sides and cut that angle off of both sides)
- Center the small lighter tag on the bigger darker tag and glue it down
with craft glue or a glue stick.
- Punch a hole just inside of the small lighter tag.
- Thread you ribbon through the hole (make a loop and push the loop
through the hole, then push both the loose ends through the loop)
- If you like, you can make another tag, just like the first, but switch
- Enjoy !
Optional- for extra thickness, you can add a backer material to your tags- it
should be a light color so that the name of the person to whom the gift will be
given can be written on the back of the gift tag. (It is best to make the
backer a little larger than the tag you have just made, glue the tag down, and
then cut off the excess backer)
Do you love creating Christmas crafts and would like to share them?
Send them to us and join our Top Crafters. The best Christmas craft
ideas will be showcased in our Craft Hall of fame